- 2020 JD Power IQS top-rated Japanese brand will showcase considerable new vehicle investment for North America in 2021
- The highly anticipated all-new next generation Outlander will debut in Q2 of 2021
- Major exterior styling enhancements for the Eclipse Cross will debut in Q1 of 2021
- Upgraded powertrain and increased all-electric driving range for Outlander PHEV in Q4 of 2020
- Bold, new styling updates outside and inside for Mirage and Mirage G4 in Q1 of 2021
- Every Mitsubishi vehicle to receive standard Forward Collision Mitigation with Pedestrian Detection1 active safety features
Between now and the end of the second quarter of 2021, Mitsubishi Motors North America, Inc. (MMNA) will launch three considerably revised vehicles and one all-new, ground-up redesign, proof of the company’s commitment to deliver high quality, top value, leading-edge technology vehicles in the U.S. In addition, standard features and added value across the entire lineup, with key standard active safety features appearing on all vehicles, will underpin the revisions.
In the winter of 2020, the product debuts begin with a mechanically revised version of the world’s best-selling PHEV (Plug-in Hybrid Electric Vehicle), the Outlander PHEV2. It is followed by extensive styling and trim changes to the Mirage, the highest fuel-efficiency non-hybrid gasoline-fueled vehicle in the U.S., mirroring the updates already launched in other global markets. The spring of 2021 blossoms with a significant update showcased by refined interior and exterior styling for Eclipse Cross.
But Mitsubishi Motors saves the best for last, with the global reveal and launch of the all-new next generation Outlander in the second quarter of 2021.
More details on each model follows, with product specifics becoming available closer to the launch of each vehicle.
2021 OUTLANDER SPORT
On sale in fall 2020 as a 2021 model. Outlander Sport saw significant upgrades inside and out for the 2020 model year. It will carry over for the 2021 model year, with considerable improvement to standard levels of equipment. The vehicle is MMNA’s best-selling model, and was ranked in the top three in the 2020 JD Power IQS study in the Small SUV class. Outlander Sport has always been an important vehicle in the segment, and the styling and trim updates ensure it remains a leader.
2021 OUTLANDER PHEV
On sale in winter 2020, as a 2021 model. The world’s best-selling plug-in hybrid vehicle sees major revisions highlighted by a completely new powertrain, as well as a host of updates to each trim level. The updated internal combustion engine has increased displacement and greater horsepower, and the larger and more refined electric drive system offers more all-electric range and speed of operation.
2021 MIRAGE and MIRAGE G4
On sale in Q1 2021, as a 2021 model. With an extensive exterior redesign, the U.S.’s most fuel efficient non-hybrid gasoline-fueled vehicle3 becomes an even more compelling value. Mirage has never looked richer or better equipped, with bold styling and standard safety equipment putting it into a new level of consideration.
On sale in Q1 2021, as a 2022 model. The redesigned Eclipse Cross incorporates major front and rear design enhancements, taking cues from Mitsubishi’s next-generation design language. The Eclipse Cross will sport a fresh new look, revised interior and new infotainment system.
ALL-NEW NEXT-GENERATION OUTLANDER
On sale in Q2 2021, as a 2022 model. The all-new next generation Outlander will be bigger, bolder and better than ever before, and will be the quietest and best-equipped Mitsubishi ever sold in the U.S. Completely redesigned and reimagined in every way, the new Outlander will incorporate the latest Mitsubishi design language, with a bold, aggressive, and distinctive appearance. Loaded with technology and significant interior refinements, this game-changing vehicle will surprise many. Further details will be revealed in a global reveal and launch event to be held in early 2021.
# # #
About Mitsubishi Motors North America, Inc.
Through a network of approximately 350 dealer partners across the United States, Mitsubishi Motors North America, Inc. (MMNA), is responsible for the sales, research and development, marketing and customer service of Mitsubishi Motors vehicles in the U.S. 2019 marked the brand’s seventh consecutive year of sales growth.
Located in Franklin, Tennessee, MMNA is a part of the Renault-Nissan-Mitsubishi Alliance, the largest automaker alliance in the world. Mitsubishi continues to lead the way in the
development of highly efficient, affordably priced new gasoline-powered automobiles, while using its industry-leading knowledge in battery-electric vehicles to develop future EV and PHEV models.
For more information on Mitsubishi vehicles, please contact the Mitsubishi Motors News
Bureau at (615-257-2968) or visit media.mitsubishicars.com.
1. This document is current as of July 22, 2020. Due to the ongoing worldwide COVID-19 pandemic, these plans may change.
2. Based on IHS Markit New Registrations data for fuel types of plug in hybrid and all SUV body styles for January 2013 through September 2019 (where actual data are available), which is compiled from governments and other sources and captures 95 percent of global vehicle volumes in more than 80 countries.
3. Based on EPA estimated mileage ratings from www.fueleconomy.gov